*UPDATED 9/14*
DEN POST-MEETING NOTES:
Our goal for the upcoming pack meeting (Fri. Sept 27th at 7pm @the Fisler MPR) is for parents to be able to present the Tiger Cubs with their Immediate Recognition Emblem (for learning the Cub Scout Motto, Salute and Sign) and also their Bobcat Badge.
ACTION ITEM: By 9/18, Please email me after your cub completes their chore with you and after you review the safety info in the front of the handbook to complete those requirements.
Thanks to Tiger Cubs and parents alike for participating today. We covered A LOT of info in a very short amount of time, so if the Cubs can at least remember the Cub Scout Motto, Salute and Sign, I'd consider the first meeting a success. Thanks esp. to the parents for their patience, as I am learning as I go!
YIS,
Christina
In attendance: Christopher I., Justin P., and Rylan R.
____________________________________________________________________________
Due to some unforeseen schedule conflicts, I rescheduled some items on our agenda. Please also note several changes to the calendar.
Saturday, we will be working on our Bobcat badge and Achievement 1: Making My Family Special. Please note the actions items and info for our first Go-See-It.
Tiger Den Meeting
When: Sat. Sept. 14th, 2:30pm
Where: Fisler Lunch Tables
What: Action items, snacks, agenda
Action Items for Parents: Please bring along with your child, the Tiger handbook, pencil, water.
Supplies needed for simple family "scrapbook": a few family photos, old magazines to cut out pictures, crayons, markers, scissors, glue, etc. (I'll bring a stapler and construction paper). If you don't have pictures handy, don't worry bc we will continue working on the scrapbook at the Oct. 5th meeting.
Please note that the bathrooms are closed so we won't have access during our 1-hour meeting.
Snack for the week will be provided by: Christopher
We will be working on the following during our meeting:
I. Create Code Of Conduct
II. Bobcat Badge
A. Tiger Cub Immediate Advancement
1. Cub Scout motto: Do Your Best
2. Cub Scout sign: Hold right arm straight up, two raised fingers stand for 2 parts of
the Cub Scout promise.
a. Help other people
b. Obey the Law of the Pack
3. Cub Scout salute: Right hand, first two fingers close together, touch finger tips to
cap or right eyebrow.
III. Achievement 1: Making My Family Special
A. 2F: Complete a chore with your parent at home (HOMEWORK for next MEETING)
B. 2D: Make a Family Scrapbook
C. 2G: Visit a historical building: Discuss Heritage House in preparation for Go-See-It on 9/28

No comments:
Post a Comment