First, I'd like to welcome the Bumatay Family to Pack 1238 and Josh to the Tiger Den! We are lucky to have such a wonderful new Scout join our boys.
I want to touch base to remind you about upcoming events and meetings and also solicit you for some ideas for upcoming field trips and den meetings.
Upcoming Den Meetings and Plans:
I am planning to continue scheduling meetings and outings on either Wednesdays after school or Saturdays afternoons around 1pm (unless otherwise noted). Is this schedule still working for everyone? Please let me know your thoughts.
Also, can each family please make 3 suggestions about which electives we could work on from now until the end of the year? You can check you Tiger Handbook or look here: http://www.boyscouttrail.com/cub-scouts/tiger-scouts.asp#electives. Please let me know what you think would be interesting and fun for the boys. If you are able to host any of these meetings or help plan activities, that would be even better.
Academic and athletic belt loops are also something we can work on. Here is some info on that: http://www.boyscouttrail.com/cub-scouts/acad-sports.asp
Some activities may not be age-appropriate, but I thought basketball might be a good one since that is one that they don't typically earn during summer camp. I am currently planning a basketball activity, possibly at 1pm on Sat., March 8 or 15. I communicating with Josh Melendez (http://forthelove21.wordpress.com/) to organize an hour-long activity. I may invite the entire pack to participate as well.
Reminders:
I encourage ALL parents to attend the monthly Parents and Leaders meetings, at least once in awhile. We discuss and vote on important decisions, such camp outings, fund raising, and Pack assignments.
Feb.
9th Sun. 5:30pm @Giovanni's. Parents and Leaders Mtg
12th Wed. 12:15pm @TBD. Tiger Den Meeting. Info posted here.
22nd Sat. Noon @Knights of Columbus Hall (8410 Kass Drive Buena Park, CA 90621). Blue and Gold Banquet. Info here.
March
5th Wednesday 1pm: Go See- Go To Work (Optometrist Office)
No comments:
Post a Comment